[pct-l] Ursack S29 a step closer...

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Sat Apr 19 21:05:23 CDT 2014

Try placing your sleeping pad between your bear can and your back. Works
wonders for carrying comfort, and I use a Bearikade Expedition. I gave away
my Ursack years ago.

Ursacks are more comfortable and are easier to position within your pack
because they are soft-sided and flexible and can be mostly re-shaped as
needed. Bear cans are rigid and close more easily and securely; what you
have is what you get.

Hard-sided bear cans make great camp seats and/or tables and provide far
better physical protection to their contents. Ursacks' flexibility means
their contents can be more easily crushed by bears, or by your own weight if
used for pillows or sit-upons.

In the end, you pay your money and take your choice (and your chances).

And then there's the issue of what's deemed acceptable by the powers that