[pct-l] at & t mobile cards

Betty Wheeler bettywheeler at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 07:37:44 CDT 2014

Adrian - Recently, a hiker flying in to San Diego from Scotland did the
following, on the day before he started the trail:  He took his unlocked
phone to the Best Buy in La Jolla Village Square, a short drive from Scout
and Frodo's (I drove him). He had researched options ahead of time online,
and he bought a SIM card from a service called H20, which uses the AT&T
network and is a prepaid service with no contract. Once a month, he'll just
go online and pay the next month's fee.

He chose the $50/mo. plan, which he selected because it has the most
international features, including unlimited domestic talk, unlimited
international talk to some countries, and some international talk credit to
other countries, plus unlimited domestic and international messages, and 2
GB data. Plan details here:
https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/mainControl.php?page=planMon50

The folks at Best Buy had his phone all set up, tested and ready to go in
about 10 minutes, including opening his Lifeproof case to install the SIM
card. I don't think he needed a U.S. address, but he will need a credit or
debit card to go online each month and pay the next month's fee.

I don't know how this service is working out for him, but just wanted to
share what one person did to get a no-contract deal that could be set up
very quickly.

For what it's worth, I've been a T-Mobile user for years, and my experience
is that it is NOT very PCT-friendly, so I am planning to switch to AT&T.

--Betty