[pct-l] Women Trekkers

Luis Velasco velascoluis at cox.net
Tue Apr 15 11:45:55 CDT 2014

The action may be the same, but like it or not males and females are
different. Yes, females are excellent planners and tough‹very tough.  On
the flip side men are different, not bettor or worse just different.  Men
tend to be more adventure seeking, risk taking, challenge seeking.

In the military (my circle life) over the years we have opened up more
occupations to women.  One of the great experiments (PR mostly‹in MHO) was
to open combat positions (infantry platoon) to women.  While there were a
few women who wanted the challenge‹the majority of female Marines did
not‹the positions remain a voluntary issue.  Yes, women are killed in
combat zones, but not in direct assault close-quarters combat.

Can they do it (direct combat), or are they just too smart to ³want to?²

The point of my response is simple‹men and females are simply different;
lets respect that difference.  Both genders have done and do great things
for society, yet sometimes they take different routes to the end ‹ let¹s
cut them some slack and let both chart their own course without making
either feel superior or inadequate.

Respect is a ³Two Way street.²

- Luis Velasco, RN
MGySgt USMC Ret.