[pct-l] Peek

Matthew Edwards iceaxehikes at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 22:31:01 CDT 2014

Sorry to say Peek went dark in late 2010.
In fact they even burned their customers on the way out.

>From what I gathered the whole Peek phenomenon was a beta test for their
cloud computing system.

The peek company has since moved to India and sells cloud services that
make dumb phones seem like smart phones via the cloud.

As a tech Luddite no one was as sad and pissed as I was when they simply
turned off their servers without warning and told customers, even those
that paid for lifetime service, "tough luck.."

I have two peek devices that sit in my junk drawer. Occasionally I get one
out and switch it on.. no signal.
Its stupid and sad but I really liked the text only concept.

While I am on the subject let me apologize once again to anyone who might
have bought a peek on my suggestion and got burned.

I have a whizz bang genuine smart phone now but I still miss that stupid
little peek with its real keys and the melody it played every time mail
came in even though all it could do was email.

Sorry but Peek is stone cold dead..
Pining for the fijords..
It's an ex-peek..
If I were a tech wizard I would re purpose my peek to control the stock
market, make free energy.. world peace.. and 10 million dollars... mua ha
ha!

Okay.
I'm okay now.

Sorry Jack.