[pct-l] Women Trekkers

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 18:10:29 CDT 2014

While I agree with Yogi's position on separatist women's groups, I think on the web they are valuable.

I participate a little bit in an online discussion for women who lift weights. It sometimes removes the need to explain all the time that I'm a woman, like if I post what I can lift, some dude-bro doesn't go "dude, you're lifts are really weak, you need to start drinking a gallon of milk, eat a dozen eggs and a couple pounds of beef every day." My lifts are actually pretty good for a woman my age and lord knows I'm fat enough. It gets old having to always start or end every post with "I'm a 49 year old woman who has been lifting a little over a year..."

But when the women on the list get all whiney about idiot dudes at the gym bothering them (jeez girl, tell him to f-off like any other guy would do) or if they get all wussy about lifting heavy making them bulky (like you'll accidentally wake up some day looking like a man, give me a break) or start into the whole "I'm so fat" when they weigh like 100lbs, yeah, then I feel like these women only groups are really stupid.