[pct-l] Women Trekkers

Robert E. Riess robert.riess at cox.net
Sun Apr 13 11:03:38 CDT 2014

Well said, Yogi.  Having hosted over 500 hikers over the years, I have
learned a thing or two from them.  My most significant data point is simply
this:  far and away, the demographic with the most success and the best
hikers are the solo females.  They plan better, are more knowledgeable,
condition better, hike within their means, and injure themselves less.
Pound for pound they are stronger, and they manage heat and cold better.
They are more likely to LNT. They do not have a testosterone problem.  The
men should be taking advice from the women.  "The wise do not need advice.
Fools will not take it."   Benjamin Franklin.  Good luck to the class of
2014.  I have been happy to meet some of you in America's Finest City.  BR