[pct-l] Record breaking

Glen Winters glenbwint at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 12 14:21:28 CDT 2014

I don't get these rules for records. why would hitch hiking make you supported? Is Scott Williams stashing food along the trail still make it unsupported or self supported? So, if you stash food at trail heads you don't go into town, so who cares if you have a rule no hitch hiking into towns. We need 3 categories of records or more: Supported; Self supported, Unsupported. Then we can break those down adding additional criteria. You know what, however you guys/girls do it, it's still amazing too me. For my definition If you have someone planned out following and or meeting you anywhere along the way its supported otherwise its unsupported unless you get some groupie following you and trying to support you.

Maybe we should make a list of rules with handicapping. A ride into town costs you 15 minutes per mile of handicap.. Hitch hiking into town because you don't stash food along the trail minus 17 minutes per mile. Eating food from trail angels 10 minutes per 6 oz of food. Slack packing 2 minutes per trail mile. Predator drone food drops on trail 45 minutes per drop. Taking water from water caches 15 minutes per liter. Death due to dehydration because you didn't take water from water caches, minus 200 hours. Minus 1 hour for every inch under 6 feet of height of hiker. Plus 1 hour for every inch over 6 foot height of hiker.  Legally Blind hikers minus 50 hours. Wearing a wedding dress while hiking minus 30 seconds per mile. Carrying a tablet to track and calculate handicap minus 45 minutes, unless voice activated then minus 20 minutes. Base weight over 8 lbs, minus 2 hours per pound base weight. Exoskeleton muscle enhancement system (4 minutes per
 kilowatt/hour of energy times (percent efficiency of unit  divided by 100)) used by said device. Any one remember Cloud Spotter? Didn't she make these types of crazy lists, maybe we could get her help to create the handicapping system.

Hey, I've always wanted my own groupies, I'm in for the supported record attempt, although I'll be on the CDT this year. All you groupies please contact me off list with pics. Whats the record for supported CDT hike? I think I can do it in no more then 180 days. LOL.

Argentina