[pct-l] Shipping to KM store + small olive oil bottles

Simon Deleersnyder simon.deleersnyder at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 15:38:22 CDT 2014

Hi all,

I'm thru-hiking this year and have a couple of questions:

1) Can I ship my ice axe (and other "Sierra stuff") to the Kennedy Meadows
Store two months in advance? This way I could ship it from San Diego to
Kennedy Meadows right away, instead of having to bounce it forward. And a
more subjective question: do you think an ice axe is needed this year?

2) Shampoo, olive oil, sunscreen and toothpaste usually comes in large
bottles/tubes. Of course there also exist small variants of these but I'm
not sure how easy they are to get by on the trail. You could also use a
bounce box with large bottles/tubes to replenish smaller bottles that you
actually carry. What do most hikers do with respect to this?

Thanks!
Simon