[pct-l] SCOTT WILLIAMSON....a PCT Legend

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sun Apr 6 05:36:51 CDT 2014

If the PCT is a new adventure for you and you would like to get a sense, or
feeling for what it will be like to hike the PCT, you owe it to yourself
to read
the below May, 2005 Backpacker Magazine article about Scott Williamson,
perhaps one of the most respected hiking legends of our time.

It is a sad and inspiring story that will tear at your heart and make
you feel
all mushy inside and give you a feeling for the determination and sacrifice
that goes into a PCT thru hike.

Scott is my friend and my  "HERO" and is one the most humble and nicest
person you could ever meet.

At the time of the article Scott had thru-hiked the PCT 6 times, including
a yo-yo.
As of now, Scott has thru-hiked the PCT 14 times, including 3 times in
record
time and 2 yo-yos.

You may also want to view the DVD...."TELL IT ON THE MOUNTAIN...Tales
from the Pacific Crest Trail".....featuring Scott and other PCT hikers
on their
actual thru-hikes.
You will be able to see how hiking legends like Scott hike the trail.

JMT Reinhold

Here's the link:
http://www.backpacker.com/may_2005_feature_scott_williamson/articles/8846