[pct-l] Personal Realities - women in mind...

Jeffrey Olson jjolson60 at centurylink.net
Sun Apr 6 22:56:41 CDT 2014

This forum is the best place to get information and perspectives about
hiking the PCT.  If you just discovered the listserv and are really
excited to find a place to get your questions answered, you are at the
right place.

Listen to Diane and Shroomer.  Brick throws in his acerbic comments.
Yogi is there for technical questions.  There have been lots of people
who have maintained a presence on the listserv  since it started in 1994.

Because the listserv has existed for 20 years, the variety of
contributions is manifold.   That means threads get established and the
world is our oyster...

There are members of the listserv who are trolls.  Their posts are
sexist and demeaning.  Every once in a while - about twice a year
-        women point out that perpetrating sexual violence is unacceptable.

Please ignore the idiots who inflict their personal pain on us.

I implore the women who find us (the listserv) to continue to take risks
and express your questions and fears and seated understandings.  Diane
is such a good role model.  She has a well developed perspective.  Lots
of us do.  She actually is able to express it.

The PCT is an  experience, not a place.  This listserv is here to
support you as you develop your dreams about what life means.  Just
ignore the stupid male sexist shit and build on what Diane says.. If you
spend six weeks or more on a trail, you'll be transformed. If you are
interested in transforming, share your thoughts/feelings and take a
minor risk.  We'll shut down the trolls and self-absorbed sexists.  We
want to hear what you are thinking and feeling.  I really think and feel
deeply that this forum is a place for future women leaders - local,
state, national, and world - to cut her/their teeth.

Jeffrey Olson
Rapid City, SD