[pct-l] Quinoa?

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 09:27:26 CDT 2014

Something that worked well for me was to cook my dinner (I cooked in my pot) and then put the entire pot inside a cozy and inside a heavy zip-lock bag or two. Then carefully put it at the top of my pack and hike on for another hour or two. This ensured it was always perfectly done and not so hot to burn my tongue. Does not work well with soup. A trick for low water sections in the north part of the trail was to make a pot of instant pudding and store it in my pack to eat later. That's like two extra cups of water.