[pct-l] Campfire Permit & Alcohol Stoves

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sat Apr 5 05:34:17 CDT 2014

[pct-l] CA Campfire Permit - Cleveland National Forest

Ooohhh my,....now I'm "EVIL".

I have been called many things.
I have been called a womanizer, a scoundrel, a bad influence on
women, a dirty old man,.....but mostly I'm called "Sweet Reinhold",
by the girls anyhow.

But "NEVER" have I been called "EVIL".
Boy, I must be really "EVIL" because I have several Alcohol Stoves.

An Alcohol Stove or any stove is as dangerous as the person using it.
I have seen Liquid Fuel Canister Stoves turn into infernos, and
when that happens they are far more dangerous than a Alcohol Stove
because they hold much more fuel.
Some folks say unlike a Alcohol stove, they have a shut off.
Yes, but did you ever try to shut one off when it is an inferno and
engulfed in flames?

RATS....I guess I just have to accept the fact that I am "EVIL".

JMT Reinhold
Your "EVIL" trail companion.