[pct-l] 50 Mind Blowing Photos from the PCT (Part I)

Luce Cruz lucecruz13 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 21:47:10 CDT 2014

On Apr 4, 2014 7:34 PM, "Melanie Clarke" <melaniekclarke at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm sure they were "dry-cleaned" at the trail PCT laundromat by shaking
off
> the dust!
>
> Different standards of cleanliness exist on the trail.  I was also amused
> by the replies to "How do I clean my food tin?" thread!  I'd like to say
> that these people are joking but... he he he!
>
> *Bonus tip for insomniac mosquito country: Pee in your pot in your tent at
> night to loosen/dissolve the stubborn burnt on stuff. Rinse well in the
> morning, and not in a stream, obviously.*

Unless one has a urinary tract illness, there is nothing harmful in urine.
It can be drank in cases of several threat of dehydration, but not for
long. Sure,  it's gross, and will taste nasty, but it has been done.

A quick rinse with a small amount of clean water will get rid of any
remarkable trace of urine, and boiling water in the pot at next use will
kill nearly anything living in the pot.(I was reminded off list that c.
Botulinum spores survive boiling, but they are also filtered out by any
good filter.)

Luce Cruz