[pct-l] Need different lunch ideas

DayLate07 . dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 19:09:18 CDT 2014

Terry if you have access to a dehydrator these are two I really like/.  I
found them in one of the backpacking recipe books out there:

*Sierra Szechwan Chicken Salad*

6 servings. (3 ounces dried)

½ cup soy sauce

½ tsp Szechwan chili oil

1 tsp Dijon Mustard

1 lb thin sormen (Japanese noodles)

10 Ounces canned Chicken

6 green onions, thinly sliced

1 red pepper, coarsely chopped

1 green pepper, coarsely chopped

2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced crossways

8 ounces canned bamboo shoots, drained

15 ounces canned miniature corn on the cob, drained and thinly sliced

8 ounces petite frozen peas

1 Tbs dried Cilantro

2 Tbs lightly toasted sesame seeds

  At Home:

In large bowl, mix soy sauce, chili oil, and mustard.

Cook noodles. Drain and toss in soy sauce mixture.

Spread out on thin nylon drying tray.  Also dehydrate chicken and
vegetables.

When Dried, break noodles into 1 inch long pieces and toss with rest of
ingredients.  Add the cilantro and sesame seeds

When done place each severing in separate resealable plastic bag.

On the Trail:

The morning, place ¾ cup water into bag of salad mix. In morning check
hydration and add more water as needed.  At lunchtime eat.

Bruschetta

4 servings. 2/3 cup each  (2 ounces dried)

Puree in a blender or food processor:

            3 cloves garlic

            15 ounces canned small white beans, rinsed and drained

            28 ounces canned crushed tomatoes

            juice of 1 fresh lemon ( 2 tbs juice)

            ¼ tsp ground pepper

            1/8 tsp salt

Spread on covered dehydrator trays and dehydrate for 4 hours at 145 degrees.

To rehydrate, add a little water, stirring until a thick spread consistency.

Throw on crackers or tortilla's

Also you can buy dried refried beans.  Add salsa, cheese, and an avocado if
available (wrap in tortilla).

Also dried hummus mix  - add some olive oil to this - it helps a lot.

cous cous with almost anything added to it is good too.

check out decentra's site for a few more ideas
http://www.onepanwonders.com/lunches.html

Day-Late