[pct-l] poison oak prevention & recovery

River Malcolm river at orcasonline.com
Thu Apr 3 12:43:39 CDT 2014

Thanks Dick, good to know about comet and alcohol.

 I bring along “mean green” hand scrubber which Amazon reviewers suggest is the same as the more expensive stuff (technu?).

BUT despite being a person who can break out if I am within a yard of poison oak, I never needed it last year (hiking sections from Walker Pass to Tuolumne, and Quincy down to Tuolumne), which I attribute to using homeopathic poison oak remedy. Rationally, I don’t believe in homeopathy but practically it has essentially cured my pollen and cat allergies and last year, I suspect, (along with a ton of good luck) prevented poison oak rash. May this year it will work its magic on poodle bush too! I have both Natrabio and Oral Ivy — not sure which I used last year, so I am using both this year. I think Natrabio is more likely to work against Poodle Bush.

Cheers—hope to see you on the trail—I’ll be doing a section from Walker Pass south toward San Gabriels starting next week.

River