[pct-l] Northbounders

Hootie Martin hootie2006 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 12:25:26 CDT 2013

I received word from my friends and fellow 2006 thru-hikers that they were
forced to bail at Hart's Pass over the weekend when they encountered 11
inches of snow and 40 MPH wind.  So close yet so far was there comment.
They bailed off to Mazama and decided to call it a year.  With the
experiences we had in 2006 with nearly 200 miles of deep snow in the
Sierra, I have no doubts that if they felt these conditions were not
appropriate that they made a wise decision.

They indicated that there were many others in the same boat within 80 miles
of the border.

Elevator