[pct-l] Northbounders?

Jeffrey Olson jjolson60 at centurylink.net
Sun Sep 29 20:06:41 CDT 2013

Here's one NOBO who made a good choice...  this is taken from his
journal...

Jeff

Well, folks, about 48 miles north of Stevens Pass  my friend and I
decided it wasn't safe to keep hiking. At that point we were at 5,000
feet and the snow was falling hard and sticking. We backtracked those 48
miles, and every one of those miles convinced us we'd made the right
choice (as well as the three inches of snow on our tents we woke up to
yesterday morning). A little bummed we couldn't get that photo at the
border, but glad we made a smart choice.