[pct-l] Trail Yogurt

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 18:55:17 CDT 2013

I learned the yogurt trick from Shroomer. He uses ziplocs. My jar was
leakproof. I have to search to find good leakproof containers and
when I do, I save them.

I was not precise with measurements. I tested it at home using the
measurements on the back of the Nido. But out in the field, I'm
pretty sure I used a lot more Nido than the ratio for they say for milk.

My yogurt would sometimes be runny, but it still tasted good.
Sometimes, like when it got really hot, it would get sort of chunky
like ricotta cheese. Sometimes it would be like perfect yogurt but it
seemed to be a lot tangier and sometimes it even seemed a little
carbonated.

Since Shroomer never got sick doing this despite doing it for most of
the CDT, I thought I would give it a try, and I never got sick doing
it for two weeks either. It's a war of the good vs the bad bacteria.
The good ones taste good and the bad ones don't, so it's easy to tell
who has won.