[pct-l] hitchhiking hints

Stephen Clark rowriver at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 22:28:21 CDT 2013

Have also had some amazing success with rides... Many individuals in areas
near the PCT are very kind to PCTers.

Like Diane I do not do any of the pre-hitch clean up, but do take some
caution with those who stop and use my KO Bandana most of the time (thanks
Gottago Yogi, and Cupcake).

I am a section hiker and the best hitch I ever got was from the corner of
Hwy 74 & Hwy 371.

An older couple probably late 70s early 80s had been hiking Cedar Spring
Trail off Hwy 74. They lived in Point Loma and I live in Rancho Bernardo (4
blocks off I-15). They dropped me off at my front door... A great 75 mile
hitch!

Snake Charmer