[pct-l] Wanna-be Thru-hiker

Willow Payne Willowpayne at ymail.com
Mon Sep 23 11:31:28 CDT 2013

I can't imagine hiking a hike like this with no funding.  Although I admit I've never hiked a hike like this in my life, I value the advice of the footsteps I'm following.  Even the most experienced hikers save and plan.  The cost can be staggering if you get out there ill prepared and something happens to you.  Granted there are many thru hikers, day hikers, and trail angels who would help, but what kind of person puts others lives at risk because they are not prepared? I hope you reconsider and read about people who had to abandon their hike and the reasons why.  Hypothermia, dehydration, water treatment issues, broken ankles, seriously lost, and many more reasons to prepare, plan and listen and read other hikers blogs.  Can't say enough about the value of someone else's experience.  Not because I would do things exactly the same, but because I've learned from some of their mistakes.  We hikers want to see all hikers succeed in there hiking goals, but we also want them to know there are limits and you have to know them.
Willow

Sent from my iPhone