[pct-l] PCT Hiker Driving Into Town

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Sep 21 08:46:31 CDT 2013

One day TrailDust is driving her friendsinto town to shop and have lunch at the local trailtown saloon.  As they approached town there was a hillgoing down on to Main Street.  All atonce they hear a siren and pull over.

A police officer approaches herdriver window.
TrailDust: Is there a problemofficer?
Officer: Ma'am, you werespeeding.
TrailDust: Oh, I see.
Officer: Can I see your license please?
TrailDust: I'd give it to you but I don't have one.
Officer: Don't have one?
TrailDust: I lost it, 4 years agofor drunk driving.
Officer: I see...Can I see your vehicle registration papers please.
TrailDust: I can't do that.
Officer: Why not?
TrailDust: I stole this car.
Officer: Stole it?
TrailDust: Yes, and I have the owner tied up in the trunk.
Officer: You what?
TrailDust: I would be glad to show him to you.

The Officer looks at TrailDust andslowly backs away to his car and calls for back up. Within minutes 5 policecars circle the car. A senior officer slowly approaches the car, clasping hishalf drawn gun.

Senior Officer: Ma'am, could you step out of your vehicle please!
TrailDust steps out and asks: Isthere a problem sir?
Senior Officer: My officer told me that you have stolen this car and the ownertied up in the trunk.
TrailDust: Owner in the trunk?
Senior Officer: Yes, could you please open the trunk of your car.
TrailDust opens the trunk revealing nothing but an empty trunk with a sparetire.
Senior Officer: Is this your car, ma'am?
TrailDust: Yes, here are the registration, my driver’s license, and current insurance.
The officer is quite stunned.  He examinesthe documents. He looks quite puzzled.
Senior Officer: Thank you ma'am, one of my officers told me you didn't have alicense or registration, that you stole this car, and that you had the owner inthe trunk.
TrailDust: Bet the liar told you I was speeding, too.