[pct-l] JMT bread

Marcia Powers GottaWalk at pacbell.net
Sat Sep 14 22:49:58 CDT 2013

The recipe looks like a delicious dense and nutritious bread. I would like to try making it.

What is the reason for vacuum sealing and then boiling the bread? Is it equivalent to the processing step in canning? Is that why it has a long shelf, or pack, life?

Another bread question for the non-flour eaters: grains are seeds that are ground to flours. Do you avoid eating ground nuts too? Does grinding hasten oxidation and that is what you are avoiding?

Chia seeds are my recent favorite...mmm, chia seed pudding!