[pct-l] Isobutane Canister performance

Mary Kwart mkwart at gci.net
Wed Sep 11 11:25:22 CDT 2013

I have been asked by several people what my experience with isobutane
canisters have been on this list serve. I can give anecdotal results.
I am a fan of anecdotal results because it reflects real experience
and not merely "data". I have 30 years of experience using "data" in
the outdoors through my job and have often found it takes a back door
to so-called anecdotal experience. My experience with isobutane
canisters has been in a wide range of multiple elevations and
temperatures. Hiking on the Colorado Trail, the Grand Enchantment
trail through New Mexico and Arizona and on the Arizona Trail. I have
noticed the longevity of using isobutane for several years, but
decided to quantify it more for my own use and for the use of others.
I believe the factors you consider stumbling blocks to good advice are
minimal. We do not need to have every factor quantified down to the
gnat's ass in order to give or get good advice from valid and far
reaching outdoor experience.
--Fireweed