[pct-l] We mourn the passing of Andy "Astro" Lyon

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Fri Sep 6 17:35:18 CDT 2013

[pct-l] We mourn the passing of Andy "Astro" Lyon

A very sad and heart warming story.
A reminder that life is short and should be lived to the fullest.
Do not delay until tomorrow what you really would like to and could
do today, for there may not be a tomorrow.

At least Astro "Andy", like Jeff "AsABat" and Ed "Mendo Rider", did
what he loved to do and fulfilled his dream.

To his family and friends I say "ANDY IS NOT GONE".
No Sir....he is not gone....he merely moved on to happier hiking
grounds...the hiking grounds in the sky, where the trails are endless,
the water is abundant and hikers like Andy from all over the world
gather to hike the endless trails in the sky.

Happy trails in the sky Andy!!!

JMT Reinhold
Drake wrote:
Rest in peace Astro. I enjoyed my time hiking with you on the PCT in 2012. I
had no idea what you were fighting during your hike and you never let on
that anything was amiss. You are an inspiration.

http://www.pcta.org/2013/we-mourn-the-passing-of-andy-astro-lyon-14427/

Drake