[pct-l] good read

Carol museumgirl at me.com
Wed Sep 4 10:38:50 CDT 2013

Excellent point. I watched the first
installment of Ken Burns' National Parks documentary last night, and three things struck me:
1st, that the idea of preserving our wild places began so early in our history as a republic.
2nd, that the idea of holding those wild places in trust for future generations is directly tied to our democratic ideals.
3rd, that there has always existed that unsavory element of society that is willing to sell our national soul--our irreplaceable wild places--to make a quick buck. That last one astonished me.
Carol