[pct-l] PCT on FB

Meridith Rosendahl meridith.rosendahl at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 12:29:47 CDT 2013

There's the Pacific Crest Trail fb page, but I find the "PCT Class of 2***"
to be an amazing resource. In August 2012 during the Chips fire the page
became the place to look for information such as detours, rides, bus
schedules and in one instance just as the Reading Fire closed the trail in
Lassen Park there was a group of hikers trying to hitch to Old Station (a
hard hitch).  I had met a woman at the trail that morning who was headed
that way to give rides to hikers.  I messaged the hikers who were sitting
on highway 44 that she should be on her way back from OS, and the reply was
that she had found them and they were on their way.  Point being that
everything was happening in real time.  Very handy tool, for sure.

Piper's Mom