[pct-l] Biking on the trail

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Mon Oct 28 13:41:20 CDT 2013

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 11:25 AM, Dan Jacobs <youroldpaldan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 11:16 AM, Doug Lafferty <lafferty1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> If no one reports it, the higher ups will just think it is acceptable.
> And you know this to be fact because...

Dan, you are using the "sew doubt" tactic that was used by the Tobacco
Companies to fight regulation, is being used by the Oil Companies to
fight carbon emissions regulations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merchants_of_Doubt

I can assure you that is a "fact" because I have been told by
government lands administrators that "lack of documentation of
conflicts" makes it more difficult for them to maintain the bicycle
prohibition to the higher ups in DC. The IMBA tag line is "Share the
trail" which is hard to argue with without evidence that sharing the
trail is dangerous.

Yes, documenting trail conflicts is important