[pct-l] 45 Uses for Trekking Poles on the Trail

gary_schenk at verizon.net gary_schenk at verizon.net
Mon Oct 28 10:55:49 CDT 2013

 Here's one more to add to the list:

- get your center of gravity away from your feet so you fall off that log and into the creek.

On 10/26/13, Michael Irving wrote:

Great List Eric...I love my trekking poles for many of the same reasons!

Here are a few more to add to the list.

- Glue a 2-gram bubble compass to the top for a quick reference and to avoid carrying a heavier one as backup to SmartPhone compass
- Jam it into the soft ground or amongst rocks to create an off-the-ground tripod for camera. I screwed just the top of a tripod mount to it which is very light or I've also just wrapped the legs of my small-light tripod around the grip.
- Use it to dig cat-holes saving the weight of a small shovel.