[pct-l] Legs of the PCT (Lint and Anish)

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 16:26:57 CDT 2013

I know you're just kidding.

Soap is not necessary and would lead to you needing to use more
water. Half a cup is about as much as you might spill being careless
making your dinner so it's inconsequential. Weighs a lot less than a
useless bag liner that you're not going to need most of the time on a
thru-hike, too. You don't have to get pristine clean, just get most
of the dust and sweat off so you can sleep comfortably. I can't
imagine sticking your dusty, dirty, sweaty legs into long underwear
or a bag liner without cleaning them first, either. At the very
least, use a dry bandana and try to get the dust that isn't embedded
into your pores off. These days I do a good dusting of my legs with a
towel before I shop at Trader Joe's on my way home from a day hike.