[pct-l] Legs of the PCT (Lint and Anish)- adding Gear

Dan Jacobs youroldpaldan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 09:39:38 CDT 2013

It seems I may be wrong, and that's ok by me. I just don't buy the
marketing hype that a simple liner of any thin material can add ten degrees
of warmth to a sleeping bag. Has testing been done independently to proved
this, or do folks feel warmer, so whether it's all in your head or not
that's just fine?

I can see the importance of keeping the bag clean for some folks, but I
encourage everyone to embrace your inner dirtbag. It also doesn't take very
much water to wash off some dirt at the end of the day. You're not going
for a job interview in the morning, just getting some sweaty dirty off you
before bed. Jardine has a method for this in his book.

Dan Jacobs
Washougal