[pct-l] Hiker age

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Wed Oct 23 03:51:03 CDT 2013

Why,
You two are just baby boomers and still wet behind the ears.
At 73 with 45 years on the trail behind the belt, I guess 49 years if
you count the
4 years in the USMC Infantry, where backpacking is a way of life, not a
hobby,
I guess I have a few years and a few miles on you two.

And yes, after reconstructive shoulder surgeries on my left and right
shoulders,
the result of two high speed down hill ski crashes, a ruptured disk from
a bad
fall in the Grand Canyon and knee surgery on my right knee from to many
"heavy trucker" miles on the trail, arthritis is also finally taking its
toll on this
old body of mine.

I don't know how many more miles I have left on the trail.

However, I still keep trucking along.... but no longer with 65-85 lb. packs.
I have become somewhat of a gram counter in my older age.

JMT Reinhold
Your young at heart, gram counting trail companion
Hi JoAnn,
I have just started hiking this past year after retiring from a 34 year
career and,
  have met more hikers my age and older , than I could have thought
possible
on the trail.
I truly hope to meet you, to enjoy your company for a few miles on the
trail.
Thank you,

Terry
Jo Ann wrote:/
At almost 66 years, arthritis has a major role in my life, needless to
say, a
negative role, but I still hike when my body allows.
And I love being a Trail Angel.
//
are we there yet /