[pct-l] Should the date of the PCT days at Cascade Locks be changed?

Dan Jacobs youroldpaldan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 20:50:38 CDT 2013

On Oct 16, 2013 6:08 PM, "Rob Langsdorf" <sdscpcts at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>     I have been wondering what the impact of having the PCT days event at
Cascade Locks on the weekend after Labor Day weekend may have had on
encouraging PCT hikers to be late in reaching the border?

Is PCT Days in CL intended for the current year through hikers, or as an
awareness and appreciation event, or???

If its main or co-reason for being is to serve the current hikers, than
moving it a fair piece earlier may be a good idea to motivate folks father
north earlier, but never underestimate the hiker overestimating their
abilities or underestimating the ease of the trail in Washington. I think
that is the real problem.

Dan Jacobs
Washougal