[pct-l] HikeFor - Partner needed in the US

Paul Mitchell paul at bluebrain.ca
Tue Oct 15 15:18:54 CDT 2013

> Are you now a Nigerian Prince in need of a US citizen to accept $100
million dollars for you?

Yikes, there's an interpretation I didn't anticipate!  :-o

Just to be clear, I don't see a penny through HikeFor.  HikeFor allows
hikers to dedicate their hikes to other non-profits, it's just a per-mile
pledge driver system.  HikeFor collects the donations and forwards 100% of
them to the target causes.  I cover all the incidental costs (web hosting,
incorporation costs, etc.).

Forgot to mention, it takes at least six months and up to two years to get
non-profit status in Canada (or so I've been told) and if it's in Canada
HikeFor won't be able to issue tax receipts to American sponsors; hence the
need to register it in the US, where it may take closer to six weeks to get
501(C)3 status.

- Potential 178