[pct-l] Through Hiking as a job

Andrea Dinsmore andrea at dinsmoreshikerhaven.com
Sun Oct 13 15:08:43 CDT 2013

I found this on Google search.......

From: pct-l-bounces at
On Behalf Of Meridith Rosendahl
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2013 2:51 PM
To: pct-l at backcountry.net<http://mailman.backcountry.net/mailman/listinfo/pct-l>
Subject: [pct-l] Lost (and found) Dog on the PCT

Last Wednesday a dog was reported abandoned or lost on the Pacific Crest
Trail north of Belden. He was covered with burrs and had very sore feet. On
Saturday, June 29, Henry, Bogie Fingers, Catch-Up and Grease came upon the
dog and found him in pretty bad shape. Very skinny under all that fur,
frightened, and sore. He didn't want to be caught and got into a creek where
the guys were able to get him out. They fed him what they could from their
packs and finally decided that they had to get him out of there. So they
loaded him on their shoulders and took turns carrying him back to Belden.
They took him to the Caribou Store and the owners there promised to find him
a new home, and possibly keep him. He's a very sweet dog, even tempered and
gentle, and if someone  abandoned him they should be boiled in oil. These
four guys are my heroes. I am so very proud of them for taking the time, and
effort to carry him (and lead him part of the way) the miles back to safety.

Here are some photos, one taken by the original person who found him and
posted a photo on PCT's facebook page, and two by the hikers who rescued
him, and one of the hikers.

https://picasaweb.google.com/Meridith59/LostAndFound?authuser=0&feat=directl
ink

Andrea Dinsmore