[pct-l] Hiking is a job

tmjgame at comcast.net tmjgame at comcast.net
Fri Oct 11 13:13:12 CDT 2013

danny-

First, I hope your wife escaped with nothing worse than a picture of her doing the turtle.  Second,  running, biking, hiking code of human decency is to help brethren in need.  The h urried thru hiker you encountered was abviously oblivious to your situation, self-centered, and unaware of the assumed rules of ettiquette.  Just as in the off-trail community, many are focused only on themselves.  My perception is that this hikers reaction, or non-reaction, is non-typical of the hiking community.  I found all hikers: day, section, thru and triple-crowners are the most caring, giving and empathetic people I have ever met.  Perhaps that is just another reason hikers are drawn back to the trail.  I hope your wife is well and your perception of hikers is not tarnished by one.

Enduro