[pct-l] NOLS

Ned Tibbits ned at mountaineducation.org
Thu Oct 10 17:58:57 CDT 2013

Oh, yeah, there is one!

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education
www.mountaineducation.org
-----Original Message-----
From: Wally Neal
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2013 5:59 AM
To: pct-l at backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] NOLS

Knowing my interest in hiking, a friend recently gave me a book purchased at
a garage sale - The National Outdoor Leadership School Wilderness Guide ...
my gift being the version published in 1983. I was shocked when I scanned,
and then thoroughly read this book. 90%, at least, of the words here are
consistent with curent-day guidance. These folks knew/know what they are
talking about. Even the UL crowd would agree with most of this. I can't wait
to find and get an updated version ... presuming there is one.

-Walljito