[pct-l] Admin Note: was Fwd: Paying for SAR

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Wed Oct 9 20:16:24 CDT 2013

A couple of comments

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Terry <tsparks56 at aol.com> wrote:
>>> This reply is to you only and not on the list in general.  Was Brick being serious or facetious in his comments?  It just doesn't seem like something he would throw out there seriously.

It is generally considered bad form and a betrayal of trust to forward
a private email to a public forum.

Something that is specifically marked as "you only and not on the list
in general" should never be posted to the list. If I were
chiefcowboy at verizon.net I would be pretty peeved knowing Terry
violated my trust like that.

> Brick also  makes it understood to everyone reading this board that he is a Libertarian and a left wing citizen, which, per his rules, is not allowed to be expressed.

I'm not sure why you think that there is a prohibition on expressing
political beliefs on the list. There are only 3 rules
1 - "Be polite"
2 - "Keep your posts generally ON TOPIC, which means about the PCT"
3 - No "the PCT should be opened to bikes" posts. The PCT is a hiking
and equestrian trail, and should stay that way.

So as long as the political discussion are about the PCT, as my SAR
post was, then they are perfectly appropriate for this list

It is not often that "libertarian" with "left wing" are used together,
since usually Tea Party folks are said to be "libertarian" and I think
they would be angry to be classified as "left wing."

"Libertarians" generally oppose government services such National
Parks, SAR, and Fire Departments, which doesn't mix well with things
like the PCT. http://cheezburger.com/4011479040

For those who think they have my political views sussed out from this
thread, I suggest that you look up the word "Sarcasm" in the
dictionary.