[pct-l] Paying for SAR

Stephen Clark rowriver at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 17:38:47 CDT 2013

 Tenaya Canyon is a 10 mile long canyon that begins at the outflow of
Tenaya Lake and terminates at Mirror Lake.  Tenaya Creek passes through the
length of the canyon in a series of spectacular cascades and pools and into
a deep canyon below Cloud's Rest.

It is more of a Canyoneering experience since there isn't (as I recall) a
true trail except in the immediate vicinity of Mirror Lake.

The canyon is notoriously difficult to navigate, particularly in spring and
summer when water levels are high. Signs warn against hiking in the canyon,
and the National Park Service's maps of Yosemite "strongly discourage" it.

Most of the 10 miles is punctuated by traversing glaciated granite surfaces
and lots of "boulder hopping" across the talus of the many rock slides that
litter the area.

Quackers