[pct-l] Rescue (was Re: Another missing hiker found)

Dan Jacobs youroldpaldan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 14:36:38 CDT 2013

On Oct 8, 2013 12:08 PM, "shon mcganty" <smcganty at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm going to keep it short and put in my 2 cents:
>
> I think the PCT community needs to do a self evaluation in regards
to what responsibility they hold in making sure they do not need rescue.
There seams to be so many more rescue missions for PCT hikers than your
week-end hikers.

Interesting line of thought, but lets look at some details. The one I am
curious about is how many rescues are initiated by the hiker themselves.
How many rescues are initiated by panicky friends or family when the hiker
actually doesn't require a rescue effort?

Dan Jacobs
Vancouver  WA