[pct-l] Yes, rangers denied access to closed park and Taka rescued

Laura Reed 1pint2007 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 15:05:07 CDT 2013

they couldn't proceed: I'm one of the class of 2013 that stopped at Stevens
Pass due to the weather conditions. I've been following the progress of my
friends still on trail. Some reported that their attempts to approach
Canada via an alternate route was stopped by rangers due to the government
shut down of the national park.

Separately, Taka, the missing Japanese hiker, was reported as successfully
rescued on the Facebook PCT Class of 2013 page.

Hope to see some of you at the ALDHA Gathering next weekend,
1Pint
2013 super long distance section hiker