[pct-l] Rescue

Diarmaid Harmon irishharmon at comcast.net
Wed Oct 2 06:26:21 CDT 2013

I just read a report on KATU.com that the ground searchers got to within three quarters of a mile from the pair but had to turn around due to waist high snow.
That is a lot of snow for this time of year and if the weather doesn't improve and we get a few more systems that would leave the trail all but impassable to the average hiker.
Time to start thinking about winter snowshoe hiking in the PNW and dreaming about next year on the PCT and other PNW trails.

I hope they find the other 2 missing hikers soon.

Irish.