[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 71, Issue 28

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 13:24:01 CST 2013

According to the Wilderness Press book, the higher elevations are
blanketed in snow in winter. Early to mid-spring and mid to late fall
are optimal. Most thru-hikers arrive at the best time.

Most of them arrive in May and early June.

TrailHacker did this section last April and he started out at
Tehachapi with freezing cold, incredible wind and ice storms/ice fog
and ended at Kennedy Meadows in a heat wave over 80 degrees.