[pct-l] Resupply strategies

Andrea Dinsmore andrea at dinsmoreshikerhaven.com
Wed Nov 27 14:51:24 CST 2013

We opened a box that was bounced from Oregon to our place (The Dinsmores)
in Skykomish, WA. It was never picked up and couldn't be returned to sender
because the hiker put the return address the same as the delivery address
(ours). We were hoping to find an address inside that would help us return
it. It sat here from July until mid November. When opened most items where
completely moldy and nasty. Be careful what you send if it is going to sit
for months in the box. Also make sure you put a good return address on it
so we don't have to track you down to return your left over box.  When you
pack your box....pack enough in it so it is tight. Your box is going to be
tossed, beat up, other heavy boxes dropped on it. Even if you have to stuff
it with wadded up newspaper. When we get a damaged box in here we duck tape
it so the mice don't feast on your food. We missed taping up one corner on
a hiker's resupply box and the mice ate everything they could and pooped on
everything else. We felt we should have caught it so we made up a box for
the hiker.

Andrea Dinsmore
Dinsmore's Hiker Haven