[pct-l] PCT Half Mile Maps

Dan Welch welchenergy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 20:11:20 CST 2013

I'm not sure which maps you are talking about Nick, but I had a different
experience.  There are 474 pages or 237 sheets of double sided paper.  I had
them printed by GISI - the printer Halfmile recommends on his website.  The
cost is $70 for beautifully printed maps (plus $20 to ship them to me in
North Carolina.)  They are not on "waterproof" paper, but they are laser
printed on a fairly high quality paper so that they don't run like inkjet
prints do. They have all of the files, so there is nothing to upload. The
excerpt below is from Halfmile's website.

Timberline

"A company called GISI [formerly called LazerQuick] in Portland, Oregon will
print all my PCT maps in color, 2-sided printing for $70 plus shipping. The
print quality from GISI is excellent.

You can contact them by email [ center48 at gisimarketing.com ] or phone [
503-228-6306 ] and ask them about "Halfmile's PCT Maps". They are familiar
with PCT hikers now, having printed many sets of maps the past two years.
GISI has copies of my latest map files, so you can just contact them to work
out any printing you need.

If you decide to use GISI's services it's between you and them. I make no
money from this referral. I am just passing along the information and hope
it helps someone. I know printing 450 pages of maps can be a chore,
especially if you don't have a good printer."