[pct-l] sleeping bags, now trail acronyms

GottaWalk gottawalk at pacbell.net
Mon Nov 25 17:19:08 CST 2013

Hi Rod,

You were correct that AZT is the Arizona Trail.

ADT is the coast to coast American Discovery Trail.

ICT is the Idaho Centennial Trail which is like a short PCT in that it starts on the high desert, follows mountains through Wilderness Areas, and finishes in the rain forest.

The G2G is the Grand to Grand Ultra that was featured in an article in May 2013 Backpacker Mag. The 165 mile route starts at the north rim of the Grand Canyon, AZ and finishes at the Grand Staircase Escalante, UT. The red rock country is spectacular!

I am seriously considering the ZPacks 20 degree bag!

On Nov 25, 2013, at 2:40 PM, Rod Miller <rod at rodmiller.com> wrote:

> On 11/24/13 8:28 AM, GottaWalk wrote:
> Two possible factors for a bag retaining its loft would be what do you wear
> in your bag and what fabric the shell is made of. Another factor may be body
> oils.
>
> Our WM bags with DWR fabric still look new after CDT, AT, ADT, AZT, ICT and
> various hikes except Ken's beard oils make the collar soiled. We always wear
> thermals, socks and a hat to keep the bags clean.
>
> I have been thinking about the ZPPack bag for weight savings except it
> doesn't have a hood. How do you get along without one?
>
> This same thread is running on the G2G right now. Marcia
What are the AZT (Arizona Trail?), ADT, G2G, and ICT? Please list and
explain other trail acronyms that are commonly used. Thanks!

Rod

--

Custom 2-rail O Scale Models: Drives,  |   O Scale West / S West
Repairs, Steam Loco Building, More     |   2014 Meet is Feb 6 - 8