[pct-l] solar chargers?

Terry tsparks56 at aol.com
Thu Nov 14 11:40:18 CST 2013

Dennis, good point regarding the battery as back up and I plan on carrying one once I get to Oregon next year on my thru- hike.  Hiking in rainy conditions for several days in a row, which is common up there won't keep a charge on the phone.
I also have to say that the unit I have will still charge my phone in lower light conditions such as late afternoon (even at sunset), scattered cloud cover and walking in and out of tree shadow, albeit at a slower rate.  When hiking under heavy tree cover I just simply unplug the phone kept in the shoulder pouch  until I get back into better light conditions without even slowing down to do it.

Sent from my iPhone