[pct-l] Tarp camping: catenary vs rectangle

Andy Martin andrew.martin35 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 15:21:35 CST 2013

After finishing the PCT this year, I believe that I will be happier
carrying and camping with a tarp rather than my tent. Right now I am
leaning towards the Mountain Laurel Design Grace Tarp Cuben Fiber Duo. my
only reservation is the versatility of pitching a rectangle tarp vs a
catenary tarp, though it seams like there would still be lots of options
with a cat tarp. would anyone care to discuss the pros and cons of the 2
types, and who your favorite tarp builders are.

Thanks
P-Limp