[pct-l] Portable Electric Fence

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 19:32:47 CST 2013

People worry sooooo much about the wildlife in the backcountry. It's
really not a huge problem. A much bigger problem is the truly
terrifying wildlife in my own urban yard. I have been startled awake
by horrible growls and the terrifying sounds of birds and small
mammals being strangled to death their pitiful cries slowly dying
out. The worst was last night as our entire house seemed to have been
gassed by a skunk. I'm afraid to sleep outside at night in my yard.

I think this electric fence is the only thing I would consider to
make it safe to sleep outside in my yard. That and maybe a hammock
with electric wires around the guy lines. Otherwise, if I want to
have a peaceful night without scary creatures, I'll go sleep on the PCT.