[pct-l] Wilderness Survival

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sat Nov 2 23:18:44 CDT 2013

I can't believe you said that Brick,...not a hardcore hiker like you.
I can see were Switchback might feel that way, because food is very
important
to him.
To me, food is not that important...I eat to survive.
If food was not necessary for survival, I probably would give up eating
all together.

But Brick, you know as well as I do that you can survive without foot
for many
days, even weeks, while lack of proper gear or water can be fatal in a
day or
two, or even hours.
Food is always at the bottom of my list of essentials when I venture
into the
wilderness.
Gear and water are always on the top of my list of essentials.

I don't see were FOOD is the issue...you can go for weeks without food.
You may loose weight, but you will not starve to death in a week or two.
How long you will survive without food will depend to a large extend on
how
many "PRE-STOCKED CALORIES"...(body fat)...a person has accumulated.

Some members on this list, based on pre-stocked calories, probably would
survive for an extended period of time.

Take Switchback for instance, Switchback has enough  "PRE-STOCKED
CALORIES"  to hunker down till Spring and survive without food without any
problems.
He..he..he..he..,,,,cough...cough...cough......OXYGEN!!!.....KAREN I  NEED
  OXYGEN.

JMT Reinhold...he...he...he...he...hee.
Brick wrote:
These hikers that were caught in the storm were not in trouble because
of their
gear, or lack of it... they had to hunker down and wait out the storm ..
FOOD was the issue.