[pct-l] Sawyer Squeeze

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Tue May 28 19:03:51 CDT 2013

Dear Judson

I am using MSR mini works for several years, and I love it. But,
incidentally, I was offered a Sawyer squeeze system by the Japanese import
agency  2 weeks ago. Now, I am thinking how to use it. At least, I must
write some review in my site or blog.

I read several posts of this topic in the PCT-L, and decided to use it as a
gravity system, because the pack is not transparent and sometime fails when
strongly pressed.

I am using Platypus 1 litter pack for water storage for a long time, and
also use it for hydration system. Therefore, I decided to bring four 1
litter Platypus packs for dirty water, and four packs for clean water.  I
punched 2 holes for each Platypus pack, and add nylon loop for hanging.
When I need clean water faster, I will put my boots or stuff on the pack. I
want to avoid "squeeze" the pack. I don't know whether I  use it this
summer. The only week point may be that it cannot handle the very shallow
tiny puddle.

--
Sincerely
Hiro    ( Yoshihiro Murakami  村上宣寛 )